RE: [alfa] Window tint

Even better than Goof-off is a product called
Motsenbocker's Lift Off (#2 in a series of
different formulas).  It takes off adhesives,
grease, oil, etc. beautifully, I find myself using
it for everything.   They have a bunch of other
formulas for taking out spraypaint, pet, blood
stains, ink, markers, etc. and I've yet to
experience anything that they cannot remove.  I'd
follow the advice given, starting with a single
sided razor to peel off the film, then spray the
adhesive left on the window and let it sit for a
couple of minutes.  Then, take the razor and
scrape off the adhesive.  Any leftovers in the
corners can be removed with ultra fine steel wool
soaked in the Lift Off then gently scrubbed off
(test a spot first - it didn't damage my windows
at all, but you never know...).  It can be done in
a single, long day.
As much as it may sound like it - I have no
affiliation with the product, but I've never found
anything that comes even close.  As for finding
it, Home Depot sometimes carries it, as do other
hardware stores, it's kinda hit and miss, but
worth seeking out.

- Jeff Barhoum
  S.F. CA

'76 Alfetta Sport Sedan