I guess I missed the beginning of this thread, but why are you searching for the sender, anyway? The warning light should be illuminated before the engine starts, and then stay on for a few seconds. If yours stays on all the time, while the gauge indicates normal pressure, perhaps the wire from the sender is grounded some where along its length. If the light never comes on, I might check the bulb, or ground the sender wire and see if the bulb comes on.

Regards,

Dean

At 12:41 AM 12/30/2003, you wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:51:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Steve & Zita Waclo <z_waclo@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Still Seeking Low Oil Pressure Sender/Alfa Article

Hello Group:

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry about the
low oil pressure sender (and offered suggestions for a
mechanical gauge).

There is indeed a "stub" cast onto the block of the
2.0 engine in my '87 Spider QV just above the dip
stick tube and below #1 exhaust outlet, but that's all
there is. No sender. Geeze...how hard can this be? I
even went into the garage in the dark with a
flashlight and looked all around suspected areas on
both sides of the engine. Unless it's buried under the
intake plumbing, I'm stumped. Did Alfa maybe integrate
it into the gauge oil pressure sending unit ?? Hey,
I'm getting desperate here, OK?  Please, somebody,
make it stop hurting. Just know I'm going to feel
foolish when I find it...
(snip)
Steve Waclo
Carson City, NV