[alfa] 14.5 v out of a Spider alternator?????

In a previous post, I read the following...

"As for the electrical system, in general on the later Spider's,
it seems to have some weaknesses.  My '87 Veloce is identical
to your Quad, electrically speaking, and I have made a several
minor improvements that you might want to consider.  First, I
replaced the original B+ cable from
the (new, 75A) alternator to the power junction on the left
inner fender with a larger gauge piece.  I used 8 ga. multi-stranded
wire with new ring terminals soldered on both ends.  Second,
I also ran another length of that
same 8 ga. wire along the rear of the front crossmember to the
B+ terminal on the starter.  Third, I installed an adjustable
voltage regulator (from Vick Autosports) in the alternator, and
set the output to 14.5v., whereas
the original was only 13.8v.  Finally, I replaced both battery
cables with ones slightly larger (2 ga.), and with better terminals.
 Those things combined to make the ridiculous power windows almost
acceptable, and I can
drive at night without the dash gauge showing 11v.  I hear things
are worse with a/c, which my Veloce lacks.  Now, the dash gauge
reads around 12.5v at its lowest, which seems to be at least
1.6v lower than actual voltage read at the power junction on
the inner fender or at the battery. I think Alfa (and Jaguar
to mention another) designed the gauge to read 12v nominally
because many people think 12v is correct."

Now a couple of questions and please excuse my lack of automotive
electrical expertise...

Are not the voltage regulators in late model alternators housed
inside the alternator?  If so, does Vicks have a regulator to
replace this internal unit?

I understand the drain caused by various devices, but will 14.5
volts output fry any devices sensitive to electricty like the
ECU, motors, etc.???

"A fully charged battery should read 12.70 across its terminals,
and a fully loaded alternator should put out at least 14.5v at
3000 rpm."

My battery at rest reads about 12.5 and about 13.7 when being
charged by the engine.  Again will 14.5 cook the battery?

Thanks,

Bob Rand
1987 Alfa Spider Quad Verde