[alfa] Re: Alternative to Pittatore cams?

I've been thinking about using Pittatore cams (yes, I do want the extra
power) and a well respected Alfa mechanic recently told me that he had some in a
car and the noise drove him crazy. Are they really that much noisier than Euro
cams? Even vintage British motorcycles have performance cams with "quieting
ramps", haven't the Italians figured this out? Is there a reasonably quiet cam
that give Pittatore-like performance? I'm looking for strong mid-range and good
top end. The Pittatores were described to me as being "lazy up to 3,500" and
that's ok. 3,500 to 6,500 is where I drive. I don't want something that doesn't
start 'till 4,000.
Any thoughts?
Stevan Thomas
73 Berlina
10:1 flat top pistons, big valve conversion and mild porting