[alfa] wind screen

My wife wants to buy me a windscreen for Christmas, to fit our 1986 Spider. I
haven't researched this, other to ask a guy who has one on his Z-3 and says
it makes a big difference. Has anyone had experience? Is there one brand that
fits better, or is more durable, than others. Do I remember something about the
mounting gear eating into the top when it is put up?