[alfa] 3.0V6 - 20% decrease in fuel consumption

If I said I'm regularly getting 20% less mpg from my car, but its drives
very well, would I be right in thinking the O2 sensor needs replacing?

No difference in performance, air filter and plugs were changed 6000
miles ago.

Any comments ?

Maybe a silly question, but I've been out of this group for a while now,
and just getting back to my alfa, after a long gap without it

Regards

David

'98 166 Super