[alfa] Alfa engine

I can only speak from my experience with the 2 engines I went to see. I only
needed a head, but a good engine for the same price was appealing. The
seller listed them as good running used engines, I was close enough to go
out and see them in person.

The first one had a terrifying rod knock, never heard an Alfa that bad. I
leaped to shut the key off as soon as it started, could not bear to hear it.
The second one was not in a car,could not be started, had an obvious head
gasket issue, oil in all the water hoses.

The sellers out was a 90 day warranty ONLY IF IT WAS INSTALLED BY A LICENSED
MECHANIC and timing chains replaced. He also put a temperature sensitive
sticker on the head, if it overheated, the warranty was void. That took care
of any " warranty" if the head gasket was bad.

Why not rebuild it yourself - its simple enough if you have a garage or
other shelter from the elements.

Anne O