RE: [alfa] RE: what if I want

> How bout a Mazda RX8?
>
> 4 doors, sorta. Trunk, sorta.
>
> No DOHC though. Heck, no pistons, no cams, no valves etc. but rev
> happy and
> light, light, light!

Zoom, Zoom, bah!

Way too much praise of the RX8 on the Alfa Digest.   It might be a nice car,
but I wouldn't trade my Verde for one if offered.   As crazy as that sounds,
I would regret it every time I drove the RX8.

Now I have a very nice, shiny, well cared for car.  I've done everything it
needs to keep it feeling new.   Power windows, heated seats, ABS.  Just
enough good stuff to make it comfortable.   With some tasteful
modifications, I don't give up too much HP to a modern naturally aspirated
V6 and it inspires passion to drive.

I get comments all the time about how well it runs, handles etc.   People
see pictures of it and can't believe it's a 17 year old car.  Not just the
condition, but the overall design.  That's after I explain it's not a BMW or
a Fiat.

Now I'm biased to sedans.  The origins of this thread was asking for a
useful car that was tasteful, performs well and inspired passion.  Well the
Milano fits all of that.   Give our cars their due.   Save your money and
fix up a nice Alfa for a daily driver.   You'll get all your looking for and
more for a ton less money.

If I had a car genie wish, I'd have Alfa build a 156 with the 24V V6 mounted
the right way and the 75 transaxle.  Now that would be a car.

-Peter