[alfa] Re: Wing warping and modern cars

My .02 -

My wife's daily is a '99 Volvo S-80. While it's a fine highway car, it's
tough to work on as I have been unable to locate a decent set of manuals for it.
Volvo only puts e-copies out for people and I am able to buy a license to view
it/them, but the cost is prohibitive for the once or twice per year that I
would need it. (If I were in the business, that would be different).

I've been able to do the basic maintenance so far, but there's a bushing
going out somewhere and it's due for the 60k maintenance (belt time? Dunno, the
web site and owner's manual say different things) and there are a couple of
rattles here and there inside that need attention. Without access to the manuals,
I'm tempted to put it up for sale and find something a little more
home-mechanic friendly.

Maybe another VW - the Passat or W8 are likely candidates. We sure enjoyed
the Jetta for a dozen years and 200k miles.

The Alfa content? Whatever comes over, it needs to have some enthusiast
access to maintenance materials.

Tom
Seattle (a great place for orphan marques)
6310123
7711615