Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:50:59 -0500
From: "Mauri and Bob Rand" <r-mrand@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Stebro or ANSA

I currently have the following exhaust configuration on my '87 Alfa Spider
Quad Verde.
IAP tubular headers>>>cat. conv.>>>straight pipe>>>ANSA resonator. (I removed
the center muffler to change the exhaust note and I like it.)
However, the ANSA resonator (bought new and not that old) has rusted through
and impinging on the gas tank. Can't get an inspection sticker with it this
way.
So... Does anyone have experience with the Stebro stainless resonator??? I
know they are about $60 more than the ANSA. How do they sound? Is the
stainless really rust-free because not all stainless is? Is the tip chromed
like the ANSA?
Thanks to all for your help.
Bob Rand