[alfa] Shankle fuel line restriction/Dellorto parts

I'm in the process of installing Shankle intake adaptors that I took from a
junkyard spider a few years ago on the 2 liter engine in my Berlina.  I know,
the Spica is a wonderful system and all but my pump was bad, I don't have $700
right now and I had this Shankle thing on the shelf.  One thing that I
neglected to get from the junkyard car was the fuel return line restrictor.
When using the original fuel pump, it's necessary to use a "T" fitting in
front of a fuel pressure regulator.  The regulator, of course, steps down the
pressure from the high pressure Spica fuel pump to a pressure that is usable
to the carbs.  The T fitting provides a return path back to the gas tank.  It
stands to reason that there should be some restriction in the return line so
that some pressure is available at the input of the pressure regulator.  I
plan to drill a small piece of brass rod to put in the fuel return line and
act as a restrictor.  Does anyone have any idea what size hole I should drill?
Am I misguided in my thinking?  Also, one of the Dellorto carbs that I'm using
in this application is leaking from the accelerator pump diaphram.  Anyone
know of a U.S. supplier for Dellorto parts or a European supplier with a
friendly web site?  Thanks.

Bill Sinclair
67 Duetto
73 Berlina