[alfa] Re:Cold Spider

 Subject: [alfa] Cold Spider

 Does anybody know how the air vents in the interior of a
 1982 Spider are attached?  The passenger side air vent in
 my '82 Spider is VERY loose, leaking much cold (at this
 time of the year) into the car.  I've been unable to
 tighten it up.

 Is it easier to do this if the glove box is removed and if
 so, can this be done without removing the entire dash
 board?

 Any tips would be appreciated!

 Jon Kligerman 1982 Spider
The vents pop out by squeezing three tabs right behind the the holes in the dash where they're inserted ( potential hurt/bloody fingers - amhik ). You don't need to remove anything. It helps to be a 10 year old, as small thin fingers would be a blessing.
You will prolly havta procure new/used one(s), as it sounds like you have broken/about to be broken one(s).They are kinda 'Rube Goldbergian"...

APE usually has 'em, not sure if they are available new...
--

jeff clark
82 Spider Veloce