re: [alfa] $hipping

Are you for real?

--------

Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:23:10 -0700
From: alfacybersite  <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] $hipping

Since I've used the excuse too often lately (when talking to myself), I
refuse to call my lack of explaining the GTV6 has to be Towed from San
Jose to Irwindale, as a senior moment.

Okay, I've seen the pictures of the front of the car and you haven't but
thought my Subject heading of $hipping (as opposed to driving or
delivering) and mentioning the front had been hit, should have tipped
you off. ...or not.

I naively thought someone who might own a tow vehicle (I'm thinking
pick-up truck, not a Milano) And a trailer who might be headed down this
way for the December holidays (though it could be any time this month)
might feel $250 was worth the effort to pick-up and drop-off the GTV6.
They could then advertise they were then headed back to the San Joseish
area with an empty trailer.

One of the things I hadn't thought through is liability - who picks up
the tab should the driver and / or vehicles run into trouble, like an
accident, vandalism, or theft? The other problem is I've not mentioned
my 'plan' to the owner and he might not agree to turn over his car to a
stranger. Hate to sound like I'm 'profiling' but if the fellow had a
reasonably nice 'rig', presents himself in a sober (not referring to
alcohol here - although not leaving out that factor), adult way, doubt
if there would be a problem with the 'potential' client.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA