RE: [alfa] oil light on...a bit long

Pat - Test you gauge unit by grounding the wire to the sending unit. If it goes full scale, then the gauge unit is probably ok. I'm not sure I believe 100 psi even on startup. You might just replace the sending unit (I think they're about $35) to be sure. Does the oil pressure warning light come on with just the ignition on? It's worrysome that the light stays on after startup. One of those gauges is lying . . . and my guess it's the gauge sending unit. The sending unit for the oil pressure warning light is on the left side of the engine, just aft of the oil filter.