[alfa] 87 Milano ABS Pump & Accumulator Update

Alfisti,

1987 Milano ABS Report

On Thursday, the 20th, I indicated the possibility of having the Pump and Accumulator for the ABS System on the 87-88 Milanos rebuilt by Cardone Industries, Inc., in Philidelphia, PA., through their authorized distributors.  I indicated BB Auto Parts, 1255 East 180th Street, Bronx, New York 10460, is an authorized distributor.  I also indicated that Cardone supplied me with two distributors in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I took my  pump and accumulator to Midwest Brake and Wheel, an authorized distributor, in Indianapolis.

Midwest Brake has been advised by Cardone that they do not rebuild the Alfa Milano ABS System.  Today, I have been advised that Cardone will only rebuild the 1988/89 Buick Reatta ABS System if you send them through the distributor the core.  I then checked with a car salvage yard and found that the cost of obtaining a used pump and accumulator from the applicable Buick Reatta was going to cost $400.00.  Therefore, such rebuild possibility became prohibitive when you consider the cost of the rebuild will approximate $250.00.  The rebuild parts number by Cardone is 12-4407 as was reported by Frank Filice on November 19 in the Digest.

It now appears, unless you can get a used Buick Reatta ABS pump and accumulator dirt cheap, that the solution is to buy a new pump and accumulator through a parts discount house.  The cost of a new one from a GM dealer is prohibitive.

I am sorry with the results of my quest.

Otto F. Schug
Columbus, Indiana
12 Alfas
schugof@domain.elided