[alfa] Re: Biba's cutout

To be quite honest, I haven't followed all of this discussion so my suggestion
may have been covered long ago.  It seems that there is still some question as
to whether the problem is fuel or spark related.  As a sometimes clueless
shadetree mechanic I've found my best diagnostic friend in this regard to be
my timing light.  I try to remember to pack it in the trunk along with my
basic tools whenever I take a long trip in an Alfa.  It's saved me towing
charges on at least one occasion.  I suggest that your timing light take up
residence in the trunk of your Alfetta so that the next time the cutout
happens you can slap your portable diagnostic center on it while it's still
acting up.  Yes, it does look funny driving down the road with a timing light
duct-taped to your windshield (with a big heavy rubber band around the
trigger) but it just may help you determine if it's an electrical miss.  Good
luck.

Bill Sinclair
67 Duetto (lots of reliable long distance trips in the past 14 yrs.)
73 Berlina (still sorting it out before I trust it for more than 200 miles)