RE: [alfa] Automotive reliability

Haven't taken an Alfa in a snow storm, but have driven a Milano in winter in
MN, on icy roads. About like driving any rear wheel drive car on ice, though
having a manual tranny makes it easier (at least I think so) to avoid
problems.

As for taking them out on long trips -- I have no problems taking it versus
any other vehicle that's been given at least minimal maintenance. If
anything, I'd be more inclined to be wary of jumping into a V6 Alfa for a
cross country trip simply because of the t-belt issues.

I'd check things like tires, brakes, and oil/fluids. Oh, and making sure
there was a spare tire (and it wasn't flat), jack, and wrench for changing a
flat.

Ed Lutz wrote:

At 06:35 PM 11/23/03, Biba wrote:
>Believe I might have brought this subject up before. When talking with
>cousin today it came up how our folks and various relatives might drive
>to someone's house in a raging snowstorm and have a party. Kids would
>come along and have their own. Then everyone would drive home.
>
>When was the last time you drove your Alfa in a raging snowstorm?

Would have been back in 2001? when I drove it back from Las Vegas to my home
in Colorado. Had a fine time, no problems, but hit heavy snow coming across
I70 at vail Pass and on until I dropped down off Eisenhower Pass. Lots of
snow but fortunately just a bit of slush on the roads. Had fixed the heater
before the trip so i was warm and toasty in the Spider.

I never hesitate to take my Spider out on longer runs. Multi day camping
trips, blasts through the mountains, its so far never let me down.