RE: [alfa] Automotive reliability

Biba,

<snip>
> When was the last time you drove your Alfa in a raging snowstorm?
<snip>
> I love Alfas but am afraid to admit I wouldn't trust them
> enough to attempt either of the above 'adventures' without
> having to worry (unfortunately with good reason) the entire
> time. Yeah, the relative's cars were newer (relative to the
> time) but the technology which has become so much more
> advanced (tongue so firmly in cheek it hurts) makes those old
> buggies seem like something from the dark ages (tongue's
> still firmly there).
<snip>

You've got to start taking your Alfa to somebody who can make it run
properly..

;)

I drove an Alfetta sedan cross country a few years ago, through raging
snowstorms in Wyoming, torrential downpours in Ohio, it never missed a
beat.

I've made the cross country trip many times, frequently in Alfas I've
never seen before, bought through an ad on the internet, nothing but a
few pictures and e-mails.  The only problem so far is a water pump,
other than that I've never had any problems or delays.

bs