[alfa] Re: GTV6 Intermittent Grunching from Standstill

From time to time, I find that I can't shift from neutral into first or
reverse without grinding gears. The problem occurs independent of ambient temperature and without regard
to how long or far I've driven
My '84 GTV6 does exactly the same thing however only on a cold startup.  Worse on chilly morns, worse after a couple days of non use.  When it happens I can't get ANY gears.  A couple minutes of idling in neutral with the clutch engaged seems to help.  I have no idea as to the cause but I think it has more to do with the friction disk(s) hanging up either on the input shaft or on the pressure plate rather than in the hydraulics.  If you figure it out, let us know.  I still have the twin plate clutch, BTW.

John