[alfa] RE: GTV Mystery box

The box itself doesn't look familiar, certainly not anything I've ever
seen in a 70's series Alfa.  My guess is it's something aftermarket.

I'm not sure I buy the cold start guess, this thing has power coming
into it (looks like), five (or more) wires, a switch, and two dial
controls.  I'm guessing there's some circuitry inside, the switch turns
it on or off, and the LED on top idicates whether it's on or off.  You
might have to ground it to get it to work..

My guesses:

1) An amplifier of some sort for the stereo
2) A speed controller for a fan
3) A controller for intermittent wipers
4) A rev limiter

Look at the color coding on the wires, then look around to try to find
some place where wires of similar gauge and color scheme show up.

HTH,

bs