[alfa] Head cleaning...

>From: "Mark Kingsbury" <romanracing@domain.elided>
> glass bead
>blaster,
>I'm a bit more concerned when it comes to blasting the
>combustion chamber, valve faces and gasket surfaces.  What's the best way
>go here?

Head should be disassembled and degreased. Use low pressure, don't dwell on
any one spot. All traces of blast media and debris must be removed before
re-assembly, especially in oil passages. Bead blaster can be used to remove
deep pits or corrosion pockets, but these should be ground out and welded,
preferably via TIG. A plane gasket surface must be re-established,
prefereably via fly-cutter, though many shops now use a belt sander.
Replace, ream, and hone (or lap) guides, recut and / or replace seats and
valves as required. Check valve springs for fatigue and installed height.
Don't glass bead valve stems or springs. Can't think of what else....