[alfa] European by-pass hose

This was mentioned recently (couldn't find the post). I bought mine at
Alfa Parts for my Alfetta GT. After installing the European inlet
manifold it seems the US by-pass hose rubs against the bump for the
timing chain tensioner housing. The Euro manifold's outlet below the
thermostat housing is straight down (rather than being angled toward the
waterpump) and is of smaller diameter. Additionally the entire casting
for the thermostat is set back from where it is located on the Spica
inlet manifold. The hose is consequently longer and has a number of
bends to wend it's way around the 'bend'.

There's no way one could get a by-pass valve inside one. If this hasn't
been mentioned, I gather for various reasons (smog / bringing idle down
more quickly) it was deemed necessary for the Spica, but not for carbs -
unless they had / have a smaller version in Europe?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA