[alfa] Drowned 164

Sigh.  Flash flooding in Houston and the 164 are a bad combination.  Stalled
in 6-8 inches of water at 5 mph trying to pull through a mini-lake to get into
a parking lot.

Any common sense (or tricky) advise for bringing it bad from the dead after
the deluge ends?

I did panic, and tried to restart it once right away, and once after 5
minutes.  While walking home in the pouring rain I was thinking those may not have
been my brightest moves ever...

Still, I'm thinking it's likely plugged exhaust / backpressure and after an
over night on (relatively) high ground I may be able to drive it home.

The list is never short of either experience or opinions.  I'm asking for
both.  Will summarize to list.

-mike mcmahon
stafford, tx
94 164 LS (swimming with the fishes)
86 spider ("safe" in the garage, altitude 7 ft above sea level or so.)