From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of Dean
W. Cains
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 11:07 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] strange L-Jet Spider throttle trouble

Hi Group:

I'm having a strange problem with the feel of the throttle pedal on my '87
Spider.  With no prior warning, the throttle pedal will become very
firm.  It might take 20 minutes of driving or just a few, and then it might
come and go several times in the space of an hour's drive.  I can't think
of anything I'm doing that induces the feeling, and I've only driven at a
sedate pace while this has been going on.  It doesn't feel as though the
linkage is seizing, because the pedal will return quickly when released,
and the engine rev's will drop normally.  When it's happening, it feels
like the return spring has just become much stronger, which makes it
difficult to modulate the throttle.  It becomes almost either full-on or
full-off.  So, who's got a guess?  Why can't both my Spider's have Spica FI?

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's