RE: [alfa] Alfa 4-cylinder engines - or beyond mere trivial anali ty

Biba wrote:
[... I] believe around '69 Alfa's began coming out with 'some' items in the
engine bay which were gold irridited. Since they were obviously outsourced,
wonder about the two boosters' large diaphragm housings. I do know that
all small diaphragm housing are only available in gold irridite. [...]

I can't answer your question directly, but did notice that when I opened the
boosters on my '73 GTV (rhd, dual boosters throughout production), the insides
were gold in colour.  The external surfaces are a dull grey, similar to galvanised
steel.  Are the boosters you're looking at restoring the same colour inside and
out?  Could this internal finish be the original external finish as well?

Kind regards,
Anthony White
Wellington, NZ