[alfa] Re: Stump the experts - Milano hot start issue?

Jeff:

>I've done a ton of work on this car, including rebuilding the engine
>recently at which time I had the injectors blueprinted, not knowing what
>they do when they take the injectors apart, I'm wondering if this problem
is
>the result of a leaking injector?

The injectors are somewhat rebuildable, since the seat-bearing tips can be
replaced.  I'd bet that the shop that rebuilt your injectors also flow
tested them, and found them within spec.  The problem is that they have no
way of testing them hot, and that is when an injector with a worn or pitted
pintle will leak.  I'd recommend running the engine until it's well
heat-soaked, and then removing the plenum.  (Disconnect the injector wires,
undo the clamps to the intake runners, and lay the plenum back on the
windshield.)  Observing the inside of the intake runners through sound and
smell, you should be able to tell which injector (or injectors) is leaking.
 As you supposed, that is very likely your problem.

And please, don't ask me how I know!

Rich Wagner
Montrose, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco