[alfa] Milano on craigslist.org (SF)

Sorry for the geographically-specific post, but has anyone gone to look at
this car? The ad has been listed on and off for over a month. Since the
trim level was never originally listed, I called back when the price was
still in the >$2k range to see if it was a Verde or not. They guy didn't
seem to know much about Alfas or what model this was exactly--I asked him
to tell me the color of the clover on the trunk lid...

I was under the impression this was donated to a charity, not a "museum",
but I suppose a museum or other nonprofit can get into selling cars as a
means of fundraising. This might make a real nice daily driver.

I always thought that if you bought a car from a charitable organization, a
portion of the sale would be tax deductable? Does anyone know how it works?

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/19075677.html

89 alfa romeo milano V/6 2.5*LOW miles - $1450
this car was donated to our museum by original owner
only has 76,000 miles
we installed a new water pump&timing belt&more
it has new tires,it's red,the interior is brown pinstripe
real clean in& out
it has the GOLD clover
located at 41646 osgood rd. fremont ca 94539/go check it out anytime
5speed,4door,moonroof

Not my car, etc.

n.b.  There was also a stupifyingly clean GTV6 Balocco that was sold by
another local charity in San Francisco about a year ago for just over
$6,000 that I narrowly missed out on. I neglected to write the car # down,
but just wondering if anyone on the digest bought it.

Chris Robyn
SF Bay
'88 Verde