Re: [alfa] Re: Oil Changed... now at high RPM pressure drops

I used to have the oil pressure senders go bad often this time of the year as I would switch from normal oil to synthetic in
preparation for winter driving.  This happened on both my 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder Alfas.  I don't know if its the combination
of some particular oil brands or that these senders are just junk - their lifespan is rather short even if you don't change oil
brands.    I did find some non-alfa senders that can be substituted and are far more robust.  I now have these senders on
all of my post '69 Alfas (I haven't found the correct type for the the pre '69s!).  A couple of years ago, I send one to Alfabill
so that he could evaluate it and make it available to his cunstomers if he liked it. He did install it on his 164 and seemed to
like it.  The key is longevity, and perhaps Bill can comment on his experience.  The first one that I installed is still working
perfectly after five years.  -Farzan