[alfa] Interesting Radio Idea

So... I was down selling some extra speakers and picked up an old Denon 2ch amplifier. Of course it doesn't work but it got me thinking... What would happen if I just had a trunkmount amp running to two good coaxial speakers (leaning toward Alpine or MBQuart)... and from the amp I just had a simple plug that could pull sound from, say, my PowerBook or my CD player or even my iPod. Then I would have an easily removed system that didn't take up space, was modular, didn't mess with my stock deck, and could be upgraded easily. Are there any technical hurdles I am completely ignoring? Any other problems? It's a Spider, so I don't care too much about the degraded sound quality that might result from losing 4v outputs. So... is it doable to completely bypass the deck? Does this count as speaker level inputs? Advice, please!

TIA
-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (no more brake grinding, Braden book in the trunk, cat getting replaced... she's a happy camper right now)