[alfa] 164LS low speed fan

As with some others, I also have discovered that my low speed fan is not
working on my 94 LS, although everything in the system has been renewed and both
relays are good. However, I think i know the cause. There are three wires
coming from the thermostat on the radiator lower left, red, white and black. The
previous owner for some reason cut the white wire and grounded it so that the
fan would run non-stop. To prevent fan motor burnout  I ran the wire to an
on/off switch under my seat so that I could turn it on and off as needed. However I
would like to know where that white wire originally went to in case I want to
restore the wiring to its original state and whether or not it does activate
the low speed fan.
Graham Arlen.