[alfa] re: Which steering wheel puller to get?

At 9:12 PM +0000 10/31/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:41:31 -0800
From: "Derek Ealy" <dealy663@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Which steering wheel puller to get?

Hi Everyone,

I still haven't been able to get my ignition switch replaced because I
haven't been able to find a steering wheel puller large enough for my stock
Milano Verde wheel. Does anyone know of a particular brand available at one
the standard auto chain stores around the L.A. area?

So far the two that I've found are all just about 1/4" too small from the
center bolt to the outer edges of the 3 holes.

Derek
To remove the wheel from my buddy's Milano, I used a puller that we borrowed from AutoZone, but with my own, longer, bolts, if I recall correctly. But that was for the turn signal cancellation. When that car's ignition switch failed, a local mechanic replaced it for him, and I'm almost certain that he did it without pulling the wheel. I believe he dropped the whole steering column assembly down from the dash.

-Joe