Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 04:45 PM 10/29/2003, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:13:15 EST
From: Raldel@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Speedo sender question

I need some help from the digesters please: My 73 spider speedo is not
working. It has a new cable and spinning the cable with a drill motor will operate
the speedo, but the cable is not being spun at the gear box. Removal and
inspection of the "sender" reveals nothing that I can tell. While holding the
sender, turning the gear at the end of it does rotate the cable. The only question
in my mind is the condition of the gear on the end of the sender. It is
slightly cupped in the center of the teeth, but I have a feeling that is normal.
There is plenty of tooth left on the gear anyway. Does anyone have any words of
wisdom.......is it likely that anything inside the gearbox is worn out or
broken? Am I missing something apparent? Thanks in advance!
Randy Long