Re: [alfa] re: Parts cleaning and Storage

At Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:14:49 -0500
   Dick Stachowiak <stachowiak@domain.elided> wrote:
>I just finished dismantling 2 parts cars and now have a garage full of
>old greasy Alfa parts.  I'm thinking of getting the 20 gallon Harbor
>freight parts washer, does anyone have any experience with them?

they're generic products of asian manufacture, the actual sources
changing with some frequency. assuming you get a complete and
functioning unit (you probably) will, they're ok. if you don't get
a complete, functioning unit (mine wasn't) then don't expect anything
that even remotely looks like competent customer service. in particular,
they will have no clue what parts were shipped in your unit because
of the frequent supplier changes and as such will have no workable
options short of packing up the entire unit and shipping it back.

richard
   (who doesn't buy from harbor freight anymore)