[alfa] 74 GTV brake light ON

Hi Friends

Today all of a sudden the brake idiot light on the dash turned on.  Pulling up
on the parking brake handle increased the intensity of the idiot light, but
not to say that the light was dim without the Park brake.

Checked the fluid level, good.  Between the contacts on the cap of the brake
reservoir, closed cicuit on both caps (which seems odd as I thought the float
would drop, putting the brass hat across the terminals-- not sure how this
thing works!)  Floats are working, they rise to top position with the cap
off.

Brakes seem ok -- I don;t detect any vacuum leakage or hydraulic leakage.

Two questions (maybe three)

1.  Is the reservior cap switch gizmo supposed to be normally closed when
filled with brake fluid?
2. Where is the so-called 'pressure switch' in the brake circuit located (its
on the schematic but I don;t know where to locate it on the car!)
3. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

bob