[alfa] A couple of Alfasud problems

Hi there,

Could someone please give me some advice/tips on how to solve the
following problems for a 1982 Alfasud Gold Cloverleaf 1.5ti?

1)       When on a long journey and I stop for a traffic jam, say, the
temperature light comes on and the car threatens to overheat.  I then
have to stop at the next possible point to refill the water in the
engine.  I originally thought that the fan wasnt coming on because of
an airlock.  However, apparently getting rid of the airlock has not
worked.  The water level is fine on stop-free journeys.  What could be
the problem?

2)       Occasionally, when I start the car in the morning, the engine
only runs on one carburettor, as if the other carburettor is being
starved of fuel.  Bear in mind that Ive had to replace the petrol tank
because the old one, having been stood in a garage for 15 years before
this summer, was filled with nasty, soupy petrol.  Could it be that the
carburettors are just dirty?  In which case, will I need to strip them
down and clean them?  (I dont fancy that!!)

Cheers
Matt Kilsby in Bolton, UK.