From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Stefano Iachella
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:52 AM
To: Alfa Digest
Subject: [alfa] Time for Brake MC

Cats,

Time for a new brake master cylinder for my Alfetta. My pedal
goes to the floor slowly. Pumping helps for a while, then back
down again. No external leaks. Am I right?

Questions about which to get. I have a set of GTV6 Brembo
calipers that will go on one day. I understand that the 22mm
is the better cylinder to use. I saw a website showing a 24mm
one. Is this a good upgrade for Brembo calipers, or overkill?
And does someone know what site that was? I thought is was
Spuell, but it doesn't seem to be there now.

My mechanic had mentioned he only uses DOT 5. I had a bottle
of DOT 3 and when the reservoir was very low a few months
ago, I filled up with it. Would this have anything to do with my
failure? Should I then purge the system when replacing and use
DOT 5?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA