[alfa] Biba's cutting out...again

A bit peckish in So. Cal., so Alfetta cut out on the 10 freeway today.
Did manage to sputter off an, err, off-ramp and took surface streets
'home'. Do appreciate your concern.

Let's assume I've beat the MarelliPlex into the ground and it is working
super keen, except perhaps...the condenser? No one has been able to give
me a source for these. Please, please, if you haven't figured it out by
now - No Electrical Theory!!! - just a number and source would suffice.
The condenser might be perfectly fine, but it's about the only thing
that hasn't been replaced on the ignition system.

To refresh the uninitiated (say it out loud) somehow the Spica system
disappeared many decades ago and what to my wondering eyes beheld but
two dual throat Weber 40DCOE's and (later) an entire European inlet
system with an inexpensive aftermarket electronic fuel pump, a (made in
Italy) Filter King which sports a (very minimally) adjustable fuel
pressure regulator, and a 1 to 15 pound fuel pressure gauge on the
outlet (inlet to the carbs) side.

Do believe it is fuel related. No, do not get a big (or any) whosh when
opening the gas cap after one of the Alfetta's freeway 'episode's'. Got
home, and with engine still hot checked volts going into fuel pump with
both (more anon) fans running - 13 V. Fans turned off - 14 V. Has a good
ground.

However, my brilliant deduction as to be able to see if there really is
fuel in them thar black hoses I've installed a see thru filter between
the two Webers. Aha! A very whimpy flow (filter about a third full -
either running or shut down) so can only assume it is the same on the
forward Weber.

The fuel pressure gauge shows only 2.5 (at most) pounds pressure. It
appears as if heat somehow affects the pressure (or?) and since the 2.5
is marginal (though works fine even on freeways on merely warm or cool
days) feel a 'possible' solution would be to have another pound or maybe
1.5 lbs. pressure. I really don't want to install a 'Bendix style' fuel
pump since the logical place to put the pump is directly under the rear
seat's floorboard. An up and down mounted pump would not be 'a good
thing'.

Rice rocket supplier of parts next door guy showed me a killer in-line
pump. Since it is for cars from the land of the rising sun, probably
pumps out about five to ten times what I need. He's checking on a carb
type. Didn't seem hopeful.

To eliminate possible additional (?) problems, I'd love to have a source
for Filter King filters along with a specific number and / or source for
MarelliPlex condensers, And (the anon part) do believe there is an
inline radiator fan temperature cut in / cut out switch available? I
have the single Alfetta radiator fan hooked up in parallel to a largish
pusher fan on the 'far side'. Does affect the idle when they twirl in
unison. If switch is variable, I'm thinking it could cut in at a
relatively higher temp - hot, yellow fan goes on, really hot, black one
also moves her booty.

So now where does this leave 'us'?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA