[alfa] Spider Starter ID

Hello again..

Was following the thread earlier on starters.. thought I'd dig up the two I have, and see if anyone could tell me how to ID them?

One is the one on the 77's original motor (I'm rebuilding another motor of 72-74 vintage) the other was a very dirty one in a bag, given to me by the friend of the guy who had the motor I'm rebuilding now... none of the above were sure if it belonged to that motor or not.

So here's the large amount of numbers found on each:

Starter from the 77:

on motor body: 825
Bosch
0 001 311 110

various places on drive: 14 309
100 5823
271 1
21:4 (ooohh, could it be a gear reduction version?)

The Unknown Starter:

on motor body:
049
Bosch
0 001 311 110

various places on drive:
030
1 005 823 271

Hope this makes sense to someone.. I tried counting teeth, perhaps 9 on the first, didn't try on the second. Hard when you can't see the full gear. I'm hoping for the answer to my real question, is one of these going to work happily with my (assumably) older ring gear on the earlier motor's flywheel?

Anyway, a Field Guide to Starters would be a good thing to have in the Digest archives..

Thanks..

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider
Irvine, CA