From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
dsedon@domain.elided
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 12:09 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Cc: schugof@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] re: Skip Patnode Idea on Heater Motor Removal is
Excellent

hi all,

what am i mising here?

i've pulled the hvac blower outta my 164L twice now (second time w/o
discharging the ac), & i don't see how lifting up the dash would gain
any clearance.  it was getting the blower out from between the bottom
front of the windshield, & the fire wall and engine that was the issue -
the dash is inside the car, & i was under the hood...

doug s.
<<<Skip Patnode's idea to loosen the 4 bolts to lift up the dash a
couple of inches in order to get clearance to remove the heater blower
motor is one of the best suggestions I have seen on the Digest.  It is a
simple idea, but a great one.  It would also allow work on other items
involved with the dash.>>>