[alfa] Brevetti

Joe Elliott asks So, does that mean that the
"BREVETTATO" (sp?) that I've seen on all kinds of unlrelated Alfa parts is a
different form of "patented?"
I think probably so. I am not a linguist, but my
Italian/English Cassells gives brevettare, v.t., to patent; brevetto, n.m.,
patent, diploma, license. My French/English Cassells similarly gives, for
patent, brevet dinvention, along with a host of related forms. Even in the
thicker American dictionaries brevet appears as an English word for a written
authoritative or official message, although I dont recall meeting it in English
except in some archaic military titles of ranks, probably circa the
Revolution.
John H.