[alfa] Re: Spica injector numbering

In regards to injector numbering on the Spica cars, I venture to guess it is due to the need to precisely match fuel delivery
for all four cylinders using injectors that may not be so precise.  The injectors would be matched to the pump during
manufacturing/testing, and the pump cylinder liners would be adjusted to give even fuel delivery from all four injectors.  The
injectors would then be numbered so they can be replaced correctly if ever removed.

Note that this may explain why Wes has been quoted as saying that factory pumps can vary in their fuel delivery across the
four cylindres by more than 10%.  It may have been dialed that way to match the variability of the original injectors.  I would
hope that Wes's pumps are sold with matching injectors.  I think the old Alfa replacement pumps came without matched
injectors.

On a related note, may of the Spica pumps that leak fuel into oil may not have worn piston/liners as I have seen explained
on this forum.  There is a copper washer seal under each cylinder of the pump and if the pump nozzles are allowed to loosen
up (which happens if the locking rings are missing), the cylinders can move and compromise the copper seal and allow fuel
into oil.  I have fixed a couple of pumps that leaked fuel into oil by just tightening the nozzles on top of the pump.  I have
tried to find replacement copper washers without luck due to their non-standard dimentions.  I suppose one can make these
with the right tool.

I look forward for some hypothesis on the offset injection tips- I don't have a good guess on that one!   -Farzan