Re: [alfa] Webers and MPG

At 2:08 AM 10/2/03, Alex Jenner wrote:
>On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, sherwood white wrote...
>> i heard some were that next year one of the formula 1
>> teams is switching from fuel injection to carbs?
>> does anyone know witch team?

All the carping and sarcasm aside--a SPICA pump with an electronically
controlled linear positioner on the fuel control rack would make a RATHER
slick system--- and likely be superior to electromagnetically controlled
injectors in many respects.

Further-- the advantages of fully programmable ignition timing are probably
significantly greater than those of modern, programmable electronic fuel
control !

Greg