[alfa] re: '83 spider interior light problem

In AD v9n837, Chris (re)wrote:

>  For quite sometime now the interior light on my rear view mirror has
failed to
>  automatically turn off.
<snip>

Chris,

Don't have a spider with an interior light, but do believe this thread came
up recently. IIRC, the gist of the thread was that you should check the door
jamb button and mechanical contact point. There's a non-metalic piece opposite
the electrical button that comes off. When it does, the button fails to break
the electrical contact and the light stays on.

The non-metalic piece is supposed to be easy to replace, but I don't remember
the source for the replacement part.

HTH

Tom
Seattle