[alfa] re: more lug nut questions

Scott,

One way to determine whether or not you need to change out that one stud is
by using one of the other seven nuts on the questionable stud and noting the
effort required to install and remove it.

If it were my car (and assuming I got positive results each step), I'd
probably visually inspect the stud, clean up any obvious burrs using an appropriate
sized/shaped file (or chase the threads with a thread cleaner), carefully try
a nut from one of the other studs, and then decide whether the stud needed
replacement based on the above results.

Now, why did the nut not come off in the first place? Can you determine that
from the evidence?

HTH

Tom
Seattle
6310123 (LH/RH threads, one of the joyous quirks of this car)
7711615 (all RH threads)