From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
George Graves
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 9:41 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #831

That's certainly not my experience with APE. I find them courteous and
helpful, often more than they need to be. I've even had them warn me
not to purchase something that I called about when it was inappropriate
(like the V-6 cold-running valve). If you talked to someone who was
brusque with you, it was likely Larry Sr., and he doesn't mean any
harm, that's just his way. Larry Jr. and Michael are both very
courteous and I've found that they will usually go out of their way to
be helpful. When one of my GTV-6 cooling fans packed-up, and they
didn't have stock on them ("They go outta here as fast as we get 'em
in") they recommended that I replace it with a single Milano (75) fan.
1) It moves more air than the two GTV-6 fans, and 2) even though they
can't keep GTV-6 fans in stock, they told me that they had never sold a
Milano fan! All took that to mean that unlike the GTV-6 fans the Milano
fans don't fail. The downside was that the Milano fan took a bit of
"engineering" to fit.

All in all, I find APE to be a godsend and if they didn't exist there
would be a lot fewer Alfas on the road today - including mine.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'