[alfa] headliner

>The headliner of my '92 164L is in need to replacing. Looks like the previous
>owner popped the tab on a few too many sodas...
>
>Question is this, is this a do-it-yourself job or one better left to the auto
>upholstery shop? If anyone has tackled this chore would appreciate any
>feedback or tips. Headliner removal doesn't seem too dificult with the
>exception
>perhaps of where its tucked in around the sunroof.

It's a pretty straight forward job if you are handy. You will learn about
interior fasteners and if you take your time, the results are good. The
sunroof can be a challenge. Or you can spend a little money and have it
done. I am learning to accept what is best left to someone who does it for
a living...

You can but the material at Pep Boys etc, or from the upholstery shop. Home
Depot sells excellent 3M spray adhesives.

Have fun!!

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA