[alfa] 164 Limited slip test help in Mid Atlantic

Hi,
I did not succeed in getting together 10 orders so that Quaife would produce a batch of limited slip differentials for the 164. On the other hand, I determined with almost 100% certainty that the viscous LSD from a Lancia Thema 3.0 (a.k.a. Viscodrive) will fit. In some respects this may be a better solution than the Quaife, and the parts will run about the same (~USD 1100). I have therefore ordered some of the parts in the UK for delivery in 2-3 weeks. Initially, I only ordered the parts that seem to be the "Achilles heel" in terms of fit. I would like to test the fit on a gearbox/manual tranny combo out of the car, preferably within driving distance of Baltimore.

Any takers? Off digest, I can be reached at MaAxid@domain.elidedm (remove ABC).

PS if the setup from the manual Lancia fits the manual Alfa, then it is likely that auto Lancia setup fits the auto Alfa.

Sonny
'91 164 S
Baltimore, MD