[alfa] Spider Tires

Guys:
    Going to put some new rubber on my 78 Spider so it will pass inspection
(read: "so I can drive it while I restore the body a bit at a time!"---Can't
bear the thought of completely disconnecting myself from my new toy in case
a few of those rare warm days creep out this winter!). Anyhow, I did a
little research and read that 185/70/14s are a nice, middle of the road
substitute for the 165HR14s (complete with Italian writing!) that are
currently on it. Is this a reasonable tire size for the short term? I plan
to put the original size back to complete the restoration, but that may not
be for a year or more. Any input is greatly appreciated. This forum is
excellent for good advice!
---Michael
(A Hunky with a growing love for I-talian cars!)