RE: [alfa] Alfetta GT vs GTV6 weight

> OK, the V6 engine weighs 100 lbs more than the inline 4.  The
> front/rear Alfetta bumpers weigh about 65 lbs each.  The
> Aluminum GTV6 bumbers are probably half that.  Anyone know
> for sure?  Anyway add 100 lbs for the motor and then take 30
> lbs from the extreme front of the car and 30 lbs from the
> extreme rear of the car.  Net gain of 40 lbs?
>
> Unsprung weight, what does a 185/70-14 on an Alfetta Turbina
> weigh vs the 195/60-15 on GTV6 wheels plus the larger vented
> rotor and caliper?
>
> Is it back up to 100 lbs?

Fwiw,

I'm not talking about the overall weight of the respective cars.  The
total difference could be 100 lbs, 500 lbs, or 0 lbs.  If the bumper
weight differences are the same, front and rear, then it doesn't matter
to me.

I'm strictly referring to that extra 100 lbs of weight that's over the
front wheels in the GTV6.  There is no corresponding 100 lbs over the
rear wheels.

That accounts for a difference in balance.  52/48, 51/49, whatever.  The
Alfetta feels lighter in the front, the steering is lighter.

bs