[alfa] Re: V9 #814 Clutch Replacement

Marc,
"Pat wrote that to replace the clutch, one should remove
the engine and gearbox as a unit form the car."

I am in the middle of my first clutch and head jobs ever ('89 spider). I did pull the entire engine at the suggestion of Braden and the guys at Vic Autosport. Its made it very easy to access everything and to clean up the pounds and pounds of oil sludge that ruined my clutch.
Taking the engine out took some time, so I'm not sure if I would do it again. But that tranny sure has a tight fit under the car. I don't like the thought of having to wedge myself down there too  with the thing hanging over my head.

Also, I want to thank everyone who has given me advice so far, especially Stan. He's been a great help with even my dumbest questions.

zach